Pages

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Radical Dreaming Vol. 14: The Tolls Are Too Damn High!

I'm back to dream interpretation. For those who don't know, I normally interpret my own dreams for a few reasons. One: the subconscious is always very alert and communicates with you through dreams. The advantage of interpreting what it's trying to say in your dream is that it tells you the cold, unfiltered truth. Two: your subconscious is aware of things going on in your life way before your conscious self realizes what's even going on (I speak from experience). It's just that I haven't done it in a while. I figure it's time to start again. The reason why I'm at #14 all of a sudden is because in total, I'm up to my 14th dream. I think myself and others can learn a lot from interpreting your own dreams. This is one helluva dream to start off the new round.

The dream begins with me in this huge city. Everything seems normal, until things start disappearing from existence. To be exact, something unexplained triggered all the atoms in the universe (that make up tangible things) to decay and dissipate, kind of like if all the atoms in the universe became unstable all at once and started losing its mass until there was nothing left but pure energy (according to the laws of physics, certain radioactive reactions can destroy an atom and in change, would turn into pure energy due to the laws of conservation). This essentially meant that the world as I knew it was about to end and everything started to have a "melting" appearance even because they were disappearing from existence.

Seeing that it's starting to happen everywhere I turn, I make a desperate escape plan by trying to at least get out of the city where I am. I get into my gray car with two other people in the passenger seat (I don't know who they are) and start driving to find a way out of the city. I see everything disappearing and it looks like police are deployed to maintain order, but they don't seem like much a help. They have trouble crossing bridges that are disappearing and their vehicles are also disappearing. I try and look for a bridge that I can drive across to exit the city, but it seems like all bridges leading to the outside are starting to disappear. I then look realize there's a bike route that leads outside of the city that is still intact (I even see a few bikes headed across), so I abandon my car and go to the toll booth to go across with my 2 passengers. I walk up to a yellow toll booth/kiosk to pay the fare. They start taking my picture for some sort of picture ID so I can cross, but they tell me there's a problem because I don't have enough money for a permanent pass and they weren't accepting payment for temporary passes. Realizing that I basically didn't have enough money to pay the toll, I go back into the city feeling defeated.

Seeing that it's probably too late for me (at this point, everything really is starting to disappear), I start visiting the places I cherish the most. One of them happens to be a Colombian restaurant/club that was built very much like a Colombian house. I say goodbye to all the wait staff, dancers, club workers, and restaurant staff since everyone seems to be trapped just like I am and it's only a matter of time until we all disappear from existence or all resources needed to survive just disappear. I watch the TV there, which was on a news channel documenting how the city is basically wasting away and seeing people suffer because of it. I contact my friend Jonathan and say my final goodbyes to him. We spend some time having fun as friends and then I go back to my own apartment. At this point, I've made amends to myself and I was ready to accept my fate, whether dying or otherwise. I go to sleep in my bed in my own dream. When I wake up, I turn on my TV and find that the decaying of all atoms in the world have miraculously stopped and everyone was going to be okay.

Atoms in your dream signify unlimited potential. The fact that they were disappearing is a problem because it shows a factor limiting my potential. Melting of solid objects (or people) represent aspects about yourself that are giving way or your personal foundation wasting away. The city reflects your social community and depth of relationships with people. The city didn't seem deserted. In fact, I was surrounded by quite a bit of people. Police can signify order, rules and structure. However, they could not pass over the bridges that were disappearing. Bridges represent transitional phases in one's life. The fact that my sense of structure (the police) cannot cross these bridges show that I'm having problems organizing my life as it goes from one phase to another. A car represents the ability to navigate transitional periods of your life. The ride was actually quick and clean, so it would mean I have no problem (for the main part, considering the other imagery) directing myself through different life stages. It was a gray car, and the color gray can stand for  individualism. The passengers represent different parts of my personality, so it's a good thing that I'm able to steer every part of me in one direction without a problem.

The problems start happening when I get to the toll road/bridge that leads outside the city where all the chaos is happening, when I reach the yellow toll booth with bikes. Yellow is a color that can be used to warn or to put emphasis on something (it did have a safety yellow shade to it). The bicycles stand for the pursuit of balance in life (Rule #2: The only way you will be able to achieve the best results for yourself is to find the optimal balance between two extremes). The camera stands for the need to focus on one situation, which goes in hand with the yellow theme. The situation was that I didn't have enough money to pay for a "permanent" ID (which would hypothetically lead to a way out) and the "temporary" solution wasn't going to cut it. An ID represents your unique personality and self-confidence, and related to that, money can mean self-worth, coming in the form of attaining goals and aspirations. I apparently didn't have enough "self-worth" (money) to cross to the next level (the bike road).

After not having enough money to cross, I go back to my city and apartment, where I wait out my "last days" in the restaurant/club. A restaurant means that you are being overwhelmed with decisions and options needed to carry out your life. It can also mean that you are needing emotional support from outside sources. A club represents the social aspect of your life. In this case, it seems like I was surrounded by people, friends and even an atmosphere I was comfortable and happy with. It really didn't seem that bad when I was there if the world were to end then, in spite of seeing the suffering going on in the news. Bad news in a dream shows that the bad events will not be as bad as they seem. I even see my friend Jonathan, who I consider a very good friend. After being surrounded by my peers, I felt like I was ready for whatever would happen afterwards. I decide to just go to bed instead of panicking for nothing. A bed can symbolize issues you don't care acting upon and are willing to accept for what they are (Rule #16: Stop worrying. You have no idea how much time you're wasting and how you're not changing things by doing that). In this case, that's exactly what I was doing. If there was no escape, I figured there really isn't any point in worrying because that won't help things. Adversely, waking up and out of bed means you've chosen to take action on issues affecting you. This explains why when I wake up the next morning, the disappearing of everything at an atomic level stops and everything returns to normal.

The whole point of the dream was to show me that in order to get to a "permanent" solution, I must be watchful of the issues that may be in my life, and actively be involved or risk never moving on from them. Doing it sometimes is just a "temporary" solution, and ultimately it will not allow me to get anywhere (Rule #13: If you want something for yourself, go get it. No one ever owes you anything. Get over yourself). Only by always being proactive will I get far. Also, I'm apparently blessed with a strong support system of peers, as by using them was I able to overcome my greatest problem that seemed unavoidable in my dream (see, who says you need a boy/girlfriend?). By organizing everything and putting them together to work off one another in synergy, I can become perfectly balanced (Rule #1: Focus on mastering the correct technique, not the end results. Once you master the basics, the good results you seek will follow on their own).

Being balanced is not just about the technique right. It's about having multiple elements that can work together and make yourself a better, stronger person as a result. It's the whole idea of teamwork, where many are stronger than one (think Avengers). It's the same reasoning behind diversifying mutual funds. It's so you can get the most out of your money while having maximum protection from loss. It may have some truth to it, as indexes (a mixture of stocks designed to follow the ups and downs of a market, say like Dow Jones) consistently beat out mutual funds managed by "financial experts." Maybe Cracked was onto something when they called stock market experts part of the 6 Most Statistically Full of Shit Professions. And then people wonder why the economy has yet to truly recover?

Hey, your mutual fund gained $2.00 in just a month, and it only cost $5,000.00 in management fees.
Don't forget about my performance bonus!


Rule #26: By working and improving on all different sides and skills of your life, as you become more balanced, one improved area of your life will improve on another area of life, which will improve on another area. It's the reason why it's best to seek a balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment